In 2023, the state developed, online health and safety trainings (courses) will be hosted in Michigan Virtual’s online professional learning portal. The first training (course) that will be available is the Michigan Ongoing Health & Safety Training Refresher 2023. This training is required for both licensed and license exempt providers and will launch in early January. This training will be listed on the MiRegistry training calendar, with a link to register in the Michigan Virtual online professional learning portal. It will also be listed in the Michigan Virtual course catalog.
To complete the online training, you will need a Michigan Virtual account. When you create your Michigan Virtual account, there is a space to list your MiRegistry ID. Provide your MiRegistry ID and select “I want all of my eligible courses to be sent to MiRegistry” so completion will show on your MiRegistry profile.
Michigan Virtual Resources:
- To create a FREE Michigan Virtual Account visit the First Time User Registration support article.
- The Registration form for new users can be found here.
- To update an existing Michigan Virtual Account with a MiRegistry ID visit the Find and Update MiRegistry ID support article.
- For customer support regarding Michigan Virtual’s Professional Learning Portal visit the Professional Learning Portal Support Solutions Page.
- For assistance with finding a course visit the Course Access and Navigation support article. Courses that are approved in MiRegistry will have a MiRegistry icon.
For assistance with logging in to the Professional Learning Portal visit the Professional Learning Portal Login support article.
We are in the process of updating the initial health and safety for licensed child care provider courses. Once the updated series is available, they will also move to the Michigan Virtual online professional learning portal. The original two courses will continue to be available until the new series is launched.
For general questions about the Health and Safety Courses, MiRegistry, or your MiRegistry account contact MiRegistry. MiRegistry offers customer support Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST via phone at (833) 386-9238 and email at email@example.com.
For questions about accessing courses (training) in Michigan Virtual, creating a Michigan Virtual account, or navigating the Professional Learning Portal contact Michigan Virtual. Michigan Virtual has Customer Care Hours Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Users may call 888.889.2840 or submit a support ticket for assistance.