TSO Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: October 1, 2017
1. Acceptance of Terms
The Michigan Registry (under contract with the Michigan Department of Education to provide software as a service) provides this Registration Module to you subject to the following Terms of Service (TOS). In order to use this online service, you must agree to the TOS. We may amend these terms at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Amendments are effective 7 days after posting. These terms apply to both event organizers who use our services and event attendees who register using our services.
2. Acceptable Use
You agree not to use this Registration Module to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including, but not limited to, a State employee or consultant;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Information transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Information that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (Rights) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose and within the scope of such designation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- stalk or otherwise harass another;
3. Event Organizers
You must be legally able to organize the event that you create on our site. You must accurately describe your event and all terms, including cancellation and refund policies. You are responsible for the collection of any fees associated with your event. Without limiting any other remedies, we may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with our site or your event.
By using our registration process, you are obligated to enter accurate attendance data for event attendees into the Professional Development Registry within 2 weeks of event conclusion. If you fail to enter attendance data, we may withdraw your event registration privileges.
4. Event Attendees
Neither the Michigan Department of Education nor the Michigan Registry are responsible for the collection of registration payments. Event attendees are responsible for communicating directly with the event organizer regarding registration fees.
5. Registration and Password
By registering for an event, you agree that neither the Michigan Department of Education nor the Michigan Registry will provide any type of refund for any event. You must contact the event organizer to seek a refund or for specific event information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Individual ID and password (your “registration”). You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the Michigan Registry of any unauthorized use of your registration. You further represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (I) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as submitted to the Michigan Registry, and (ii) maintain and promptly update your registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Michigan Registry has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, then the Michigan Registry has the right to immediately suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Michigan Registry or related products and services (or any portion thereof).
You agree to indemnify and hold the Michigan Department of Education and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of information you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Services, your use of our services, your connection to the services, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- This service is provided “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
- THE MICHIGAN REGISTRY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE MICHIGAN REGISTRY OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
8. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE MICHIGAN REGISTRY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE MICHIGAN REGISTRY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.